5 Benefits of Awnings
For many Florida residents, living in our state means enjoying the warm weather and plenty of sunshine. We actively seek out activities where we can just be outdoors as much as possible. Yet Florida living is also marked by strong sunlight and intense heat. We want to be outside but often find it just too hot or too warm. Having an awning placed over your home helps you enjoy all that Florida is famous for.
1. Awnings add another space for entertainment. Awnings allow more time for outdoor entertainment which allows us to enjoy the Florida lifestyle. When you place an awning over your home, you instantly add an outdoor entertainment space for your home. In doing so you can enjoy your home year-round while creating your very own private sanctuary.
2. Awnings not only add beauty but can add value to your home’s market value. Placing an awning over a patio area creates more livable space- and immediately adds value to your home. Your awning feature will help your home stand out from other listings as well as justify listing your property for a higher price when it comes time to sell your home. Just like having attractive landscaping, having an awning creates more curb appeal as it is a desired feature by buyers who want an outdoor space to relax and enjoy the weather without the worry of the sun.
3. Retractable awnings give you control of your patio space. Retractable awnings give you the convenience of controlling whether you want shade or not. Retract and extend your awning depending on how much sun or shade you desire. This provides much more flexibility as the amount and intensity of light changes during the seasons, as well as allowing the use of your outdoor space any time of the day or week.
4. Awnings can reduce energy costs. Awnings reduce direct solar heat that is absorbed through windows and can save you up to 23% on your annual cooling energy costs in the summer. In doing so, your home’s HVAC system will not have to work as hard or as long as the weather heats up. This also means that you will significantly prolong the life of your A/C system as you may not have to change your unit as frequently over the course of homeownership.
5. Protect your home’s furnishings from harmful UV light. Installing awnings can protect your outdoor space from the weather, prolonging the longevity of your outdoor furniture by preventing exposure to direct sun and rainfall that can cause deterioration and discoloration. Awnings will also prevent harmful UV rays that can damage and fade your flooring, draperies and furniture.
Looking for more expert advice on how to use awnings to add to your home or business? Your local US Blinds is there ready to help. With 4 locations, you can stop on today or make an appointment to work with one of our consultants to help make the right choices. Explore what US Blinds has to offer or give us a call today at 1-888-66-USBLIND.
Leave a Comment